So…today we begin this candida diet thing, and here I am posting my favorite yeast feeding purple smoothie. Apparently; nut butters, nut milks and honey are no good for people attempting to starve out yeast or in the process of a yeast cleanse…what a downer, I know. But the good news is, if you’re not dealing with yeast or on a yeast cleanse, this smoothie is probably perfect for you. It’s dairy free, low carb and full of healthy fats and antioxidants. Even though it’s a bit of torture to me, I will go ahead and post it for you. That’s how much I like you. 😉 But, from this day forward…I’ll be adventuring in a yeast free diet, drastically reducing or eliminating simple sugars, including high fructose fruits. I’ll try to post as many of those recipes here for any of you that may be interested.
I’m not really sure how well I just did on selling this pretty purple baby, but in case you still want to give it a go, I’ll post the recipe below.
- A high power blender (like Vitamix)
- 10 oz of frozen organic blueberries
- a couple frozen organic bananas
- about 1 C Maranatha almond butter (the smooth kind) or you could use Justin’s vanilla almond butter or the whole foods 365 brand..those are just a few of our favorites. A good tasting almond butter is key for this recipe. Otherwise, it may taste too chalky…that’s what my husband says anyway…
- a bit of honey . I said a bit. Like a tiny squeeze. or you can omit.
- Vanilla almond milk or coconut water
- For garnish we like; chia seeds and bee pollen. Shredded coconut flakes are good too. Make sure they’re unsweetened.
This will make a blender full, so if you’re not serving kids and husbands or going back for seconds or maybe thirds… just reduce the measurements in half and or…maybe half again.
Place ingredients 1-5 (so except the almond milk) in the blender. Pour nut milk or coconut water over ingredients until they’re just barely covered. barely. If you want it a bit more thick, don’t cover all the way. Blend smooth. Garnish. Drink. Be happy.